Just some random musings on a good day. Other designers out there: what makes it a good day for you?
So here are some good things that happened today:
1) We've been challenged for some time on a Dining Room shade decision in Belmont. The client previously had an operable sheer Roman shade. She liked that for many reasons — the light it filtered, the dressy-ness, the view it kept. But we could-nt keep the one she had, (It had water damage.) and after many many tries we couldn't find a fabric that worked. Mostly it was a color issue. But also a technical issue of getting a sheer to behave properly in a roman. That can be challenging on many fabrics. So after trying to fit a round peg in a square hole, I decided to suggest using woven blinds from Conrad. Today we went to look at them installed in a showroom. We wanted to see them lined, as well. Success! The client loved them. Loved. I did a happy dance. (The photos are not the ones we chose, but similar.)
2) A paint color was decided for the kitchen in Belmont. Client loves color and wants it just so. The painters custom mixed a color just for her. It's not a color available on any palette. I stopped by. It looks great. Yippee.
3) Two measures at a client's house in Wellesley and both guys showed up on time.
4) The pillow cases that shipped in the wrong color can be returned.
5) Custom lamp shades approved.
6) Replacement chairs for a master bedroom arrived pristine and deliciously comfortable and perfect. I have been writing about these chairs. They ended up being a defective product. There were 2 attempts to repair the previous chairs. (Seriously, why should a chair have so many problems?!!!) After I completely LOST a gasket about this in the Spring after the chairs came back from repair in NC damaged – seriously WHY SHOULD A CHAIR HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS…I had them built from scratch and upholstered locally. I felt the situation was just wrong and I wanted to make my client happy. That was a long process but in the end I think my client is happy! She said the chairs were perfect. I called the upholsterer and the delivery folks to thank them for their help.
7) I got back to the office just before the skies opened and dropped serious rain.
And then a little ice cream. It's a good day when you eat ice cream in the summer.
So we got decisions made, some processes moved forward, and a repair put to bed. I love crossing things off my list. Oh the unbearable lightness of decorating.
You: what makes a good day for you?