Install for the bookcases for my Cambridge project began Friday. Installs are exciting, but always like jumping off a ledge. Luckily this one went well.
There were a few moments of not being sure about wire placement which we solved. And then there was the question about what to do with the sconce wiring from a previous renovation which I only learned about at install.
So I got on the phone and the electricians came over. Here's the electrician checking the wire at above one of the bookcases and then inside the wall in the adjacent room. (I cannot believe he fit in there!)
Turns out it's a live wire so they will cap it on the inside of the cabinet and you will never even know it's there. Cannot leave a live wire floating around. It's not code. It must be capped.
I am so happy the guys from Gallant Electric came by to save the day. With the electrical question answered, the builder did not lose 1/2 a day of work. And the client's questions got answered. Big relief all the way around.
We were able to install 2 of the 3 bookcases. It's amazing when you get scale and proportion right space FEELS better. You can breathe easier somehow. These look like they have always been there. My builder did an amazing job and the client is happy.