My name is Abbey and I am a fabric addict. I cannot help it. I just L.O.V.E fabric. Just back from NC, here are some trends I noticed while in High Point. Although High Point is a furnishings market, well fabric and furnishings go hand in hand. Here's a sampling of what I saw.
- Purple (from Century)
- Acidy and bold color combinations — teal, orange, brown
- Botanical prints made into fabric — These are in my best of show category from Design Legacy.
- Shiny! This one is a non-crushable velvet. (from Pearson)
- Words and letters, especially if they look like they might have come from a burlap sack from France or a signage of some kind. (from Pearson) Sorry this one's a bit blurry….new camera.
- Strong geometrics and cut out motifs — The pagodas and the headboard geometric I saw at more than one showroom. How does that happen? (from Century )
- Suzannis and ikats and other ethnic prints. This exact ikat I saw a few times, as well.