It’s a common situation of a baby and the bath water. Except this story is about a kitchen.
You have a new home. The kitchen is new but not what you would have chosen, and yet there’s not anything really wrong with it except that you don’t like it. You don’t feel comfortable in it. All you can think about is renovating. One small problem. It’s not in the budget.
No one wants to feel stuck in a kitchen they don’t like. Here, small changes can go a long way.
What we did. First, we analyzed what the client didn’t like:
- 6 x 6 white ceramic tiles for a back splash — kind of plain Jane.
- under cabinet lighting — wires hanging out and poor light quality
- counter top — another dose of plain Jane
- the refrigerator — no ice maker
Then, we devised a solution:
- Replace the backsplash with fabulous glass tiles in a sea foam green that would bring out the color of the cabinets and counter top. These are by Oceanside from the Haiku line
- Replace the under cabinet lights with a high quality product and choose a refrigerator with features the client desires.
With the new color backsplash, the counter was fine — nice even. Why add to landfills?
Here are the before during and after photos. Click on the photos for a larger view.